Forum

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Need to Disable Global Natural Play?

idc replied the topic: Need to Disable Global Natural Play?

Hi

The Global Settings override the settings within the preset. So by setting the value to OFF no automatic overrides are done; so the preset will obey the setting withing the preset.

If you only use roomsense; it is not a big deal. You could either set the natural play source in the harmony section to roomsense for all the preset you use; or set the Global option back your setting after you have finished with the Editor.

The Editor should prompt you when it starts and finds any invalid settings to allow it to correct them; so that it can then SAVE Presets; when you have finished and exit the editor; you should then get a prompt RESTORE globals; if you click YES the Editor will put your global NAT PLAY back to the value it was before.

Ian

Last edit: by idc.

phaluska replied the topic: Need to Disable Global Natural Play?

Ok, so if I understand then, if I choose "yes' to turn off global natural play, it will assign the natural play selection (for me, I always use 'Roomsense") to all of my presets/steps? Thanks for the response

idc replied the topic: Need to Disable Global Natural Play?

Hi Phaluska,

It is not a bug.

When you set the global natural play to anything except OFF; every preset or step that is activated will have it natural play source changed to what you have set the global natural play source to.
Also you would not be able to change the preset natural play source to anything else; as the vl3 will immediately put it back to the Global Value.

I personally have the Global Set to OFF, then within a the preset/step I set the Source accordingly; some I might want to be locked on MIDI, some on GTR and some on AUX, and some on AUTO if I am playing guitar to a backing track; where the GTR is not always being played.

Hope that makes sense.,

Ian

phaluska created the topic: Need to Disable Global Natural Play?

It appears that I need to turn off Global Natural Play to use this editor? Why is that? This is one of the best features of VL3! Is this a bug?

Attachments:

EU e-Privacy Directive