Forum

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Transfer prrsets from GTX to voicelive 3

idc replied the topic: Transfer prrsets from GTX to voicelive 3

Hi Lang,

Unfortunately I do not do a convertor to convert from the GTX to the VL3, the vl3 has many many more parameters that are tweak able compared to the GTX.

The full versions of the GTX editor allows you to print the settings of each preset out; one by one.

This may help getting you started, but bear in mind the VL3 may not have the same name Effect style as the GTX; so you may have to experiment to get the sound you are after.

There is no way I can think of to get the exact sound, even by just copying the same effect style and params that the gtx has over to the vl3 will not generate the same sound as the vl3 is a much more powerful beast, to give an idea there is over 400 editable parameters on each preset/step of the vl3 compared to less than 100 on the GTX.

What I would do though, so as not to sound too negative is to duplicate as much as you can by copying styles etc from the GTX on a vl3 preset; then re-craft what you have created on the vl3, remembering the vl3 can do a lot more, harmonies are far more powerful, you can even create your own custom scales, and each voice can have its own level and PAN just as one example, the Guitar side is far more powerful than the GTX, so I would start with by going through all the vl3 built in preset to start with and play your guitar to see how it sounds, remembering to use the Guitar HIT feature on each preset/step as the hit can make considerable difference to the sound being generated.
Having both the GTX and vl3 connected you can hear the original to the new version your creating, and I would be surprised if after some tweaking and a bit of time to start with, you will create even better versions than what you have created on the GTX.

Hope the above Helps

truckasauras created the topic: Transfer prrsets from GTX to voicelive 3

G'day,

I have a GTX and just purchased a VL3. Is there any way to transfer my beloved and polished presents from the GTX to the voicelive 3?..... i am happy to purchase the full version if it supports such a feature.

Cheers,
- Lang

EU e-Privacy Directive